Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Meet and Greet with Michelle Phan from youtube & Glamour Eyes Review


Yesterday was such an awesome day for us bloggers, youtube make-up junkies and up coming guru's .  This shows that if you stay with your passion, your dreams can come true.  So, yesterday I hauled my sick little bootie to Glendale, CA to meet Michelle Phan the #1 youtube make-up guru.  I waited in a line to meet her for a little over an hour and purchased her new palette set Glamour Eyes by Lancome.  Meeting her was well worth the time and money spent.  She is very sweet, humble and nice.  I got my palette autographed and got to give her a big hug and take a few photos with her.  It was a great experience.

Me waiting in line...                                     Me talking to Michelle...


The packaging...













Exclusively made for Sephora and priced at $59.50. 

Glamour Eyes by Michelle Phan ($96 Value)


What it is:
A kit created for Sephora by Michelle Phan, the most popular makeup artist on YouTube and the official video makeup artist for Lancôme.

What it does:
Glamour Eyes features the new color Design Palette, Chic by Chelle, created and named by Michelle Phan. The kit includes instructions on creating three looks Phan designed: a natural eye look, a diva eye look, and a smoldering eye look–her favorite. Also included in this set are Phan's other beloved products: inky Artliner Precision Point EyeLiner and Hypnose Drama Instant Full Body Volume mascara.

This set contains:
- 0.141 oz Color Design Eye-Brightening All-In-One 5 Shadow and Line Palette in Chic by Chelle
- 0.135 oz Hypnose Drama Mascara in Excessive Black
- 0.04 oz Artliner Precision Point EyeLiner in Noir

My Review...

When I first found out that Michelle was going to be in California.  I was so excited, even more than meeting her but being able to purchase a product from Lancome.  Since I am new to the make-up scene I have never had any products from Lancome.

The Eyeliner - I like the precision tip and it is easy to move around your eye.  I question the staying power.  I tested the eyeliner on my hand and let it dry.  10 mins later I rubbed my hand over it and it wiped away clean.  I am glad this came in a set, because I don't think I would have bought this if it didn't.  Compared to my Maybelline Lash Stiletto Eyeliner which stays for hours I don't know if this matches up.

The Mascara - I love the wand on this mascara.  The formula seems very thin and I dont really like the smell, but when I applied a thin coat I did like the volume and length it gave my lashes.  I am guessing this is going to be like all mascaras, the longer you use it and let it set the better it gets.  Let's see, if I really like it I will buy a full size.

The Palette - I LOVE the colors in this palette.  The are beautiful, very pigmented and feel like butter.  Altough all of these colors are shimmer colors, you can create some great looks with these colors.  The peach color is a awesome nuetral shade that can help with blending.  The purple is just geourgous!  All palettes should have a beautiful taupe color and this one does.  I love the silver shimmer to add some great highlight to the eye.  Finally the grey accent and liner color is just a beautiful way to finish the look.
I must say I am not impressed by the packaging.  I guess it serve the purpose of the meet and greet.  It is very hard to get the products out of the plastic as I have nails.  I do love that this comes with a barcode to scan so that you can watch Michelle's tutorials for this set.  I also love that under the palette there is a instructional booklet on how you can create a day and evening look with these colors.



My Overall Rating is B+

No comments:

Post a Comment